A twenty-horse field will break from the starting gate at Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY on Saturday afternoon for the $2 million Kentucky Derby. Probable favorites Dialed In and Uncle Mo drew the #8 and #18 starting gate positions.
|Dialed In and trainer Nick Zito (Garry Jones/AP)|
Dialed In, with Julien Leparoux to ride, has won three of four career starts and will try to become the third Derby winner for trainer Nick Zito, who won in 1991 with Strike the Gold and in 1994 with Go for Gin. Dialed In won the Florida Derby in his last start.
Uncle Mo, the reigning divisional champion, was pegged as the close 5-1 second choice after being assigned post 18 for the 1 1/4-mile race. John Velazquez has the mount for trainer Todd Pletcher, who sent out the 2010 winner, Super Saver.
Archarcharch drew the dreaded one hole.
|Uncle Mo (Garry Jones/AP)|
1. Archarcharch, J. Court, 10-1
2. Brilliant Speed, J. Rosario, 30-1
3. Twice the Appeal, C. Borel, 30-1
4. Stay Thirsty, R. Dominguez, 30-1
5. Decisive Moment, K. Clark, 50-1
6. Comma To The Top, P. Valenzuela, 30-1
7. Pants On Fire, R. Napravnik, 30-1
8. Dialed In, J. Leparoux, 4-1
9. Derby Kitten, J. Castellano, 30-1
10. Twinspired, M. Smith, 30-1
11. Master of Hounds, G. Gomez, 20-1
12. Santiva, S. Bridgmohan, 30-1
13. Mucho Macho Man, R. Maragh, 12-1
14. Shackleford, J. Castanon, 20-1
15. Midnight Interlude, V. Espinoza, 12-1
16. Animal Kingdom, R. Albarado, 20-1
17. Soldat, A. Garcia, 20-1
18. Uncle Mo, J. Velazquez, 5-1
19. Nehro, C. Nakatani, 6-1
20. Watch Me Go, R. Bejarano, 50-1
Odds by Mike Watchmaker of the Daily Racing Form
Post time: 6:24 p.m. Eastern
All carry 126 pounds